SENIOR EMERGENCY KIT
I thought it would be a great idea to do a blog post for senior photographers!!! I have been wrapping my head around ways I can help other photographers. Over the years I have learned many things on my own and with the help of others, so I feel it’s time to help in whatever small way I can.
My senior emergency kit started with just bug spray and has evolved over the years. Each year it seems like more items get added to the list, More items I can’t live without. Once I added a studio space this year I feel like I thought I could keep more items on hand that are normally forgot about among the seniors. So some items like lotion, hand sanitizer, tissue, and a lint roller I had bought to keep at the GLITZ AND GLAM STUDIO but then decided to buy extra to keep in my car for my photoshoots.
My TOP 5 items are crucial and never leave my car.
1. Bug Spray
Bug spray is crucial in my area, bugs are not bad in some locations but once we get out in the fields they are so thick in the fields and woods. It’s not fun shooting when you are constantly trying to swat to kill bugs.
2. Hair Spray, Rubber bands
I have been getting in the habit of re-applying hair spray on the girls hair at our first location because once we get out in the elements there is usually way more wind.
3. Umbrella (several options) Never know what mother nature might give us!
4. First aid kit (tissue,band-aids,hand sanitizer) Better safe than sorry! The first aid kit I actually have I got at a parade one year and thought it was great so I just left it in my car for my photoshoots!
5. Glitter – A girl should never leave home without it!
6. Lip Gloss
7. Diet Coke (For me) & Water for clients on hot days
8. BOBS ( AKA Toms knockoffs)
I like wearing flip flops in town but in the fields I always switch into my BOB!
9. Jacket when it gets cooler for the girls to wear while i’m setting up my camera and light
10. Lent roller
11. Jewelry box filled with miscellaneous pieces to complete my clients outfits.
12. Lotion – no excuse for having dry skin!
This really isn’t anything fancy just a quick list of what I have in my senior emergency kit. If you don’t already have one maybe this blog has helped get your some idea’s.
Thanks for sharing this list! You can never be too prepared when it comes to photo shoots! I love that you have a jewelry box with you filled with beautiful accessories for your seniors. 😀 Great ideas!
Your welcome! I’m glad it helped in anyway.
2 Comments on High School Senior Photography | Senior Emergency Kit